What We Do
Artist Bike Racks
What are Artist Bike Racks?
ARE THEY BIKE RACKS? ARE THEY PUBLIC ART? THEY ARE BOTH!!!
Get ready for artistically innovative designed non-traditional bike racks that will be functional as well as become a dynamic part of Roswell’s growing public art collection.
The City of Roswell has been designated as a Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists for eleven years in a row. Roswell was the first city in Georgia to receive this recognition in 2006.
Bike Racks will be installed in 2019! Are you a business owner who would love a bike rack near your place of business? Are you interested in sponsoring a bike rack in honor of a friend or loved one?
Artist Designed Bike Racks will:
- Enhance Roswell’s image as a cultural destination and bicycle friendly city
- Help brand Roswell, activate our Modern Spirit. Southern Soul
- Accommodate our large number of cyclers
- Promote healthy living and healthy air
- Weave art into our infrastructure
- Improve our aesthetic biking and pedestrian experience
- Build our public art collection
- Encourage alternative mode of transportation in dense areas with parking shortages such as Historic Downtown Roswell
- Put a smile on your face!
Why bring them to Roswell?
Mayor and City Council identified funding for a Bicycle Rack Program in the FY 2013 budget. Surveys with residents identified Canton Street, City Parks and some commercial areas as key locations.
Great cities integrate art, aesthetic elements into the fabric of who they are and that means integrating aesthetic elements into the design of the structure of everyday life. Bike racks are a wonderful way to capture a city’s vibe, provoke curiosity, and a smile.