October is National Arts and Humanities Month
Join in the celebration!
A note from Americans for the Arts on the role of the arts in 2020:
In this turbulent year, the arts and humanities have played a critically important role in getting us through the COVID-19 pandemic and in amplifying the need for racial equity across the country. National Arts & Humanities Month is the time for communities to come together in unified celebration of the power of the arts to make a difference and change our lives for the better.
5 Ways to Celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month
NAHM is a coast-to-coast collective recognition of the importance of culture in America. NAHM was launched by Americans for the Arts more than 30 years ago as National Arts Week in honor of the twentieth anniversary of the National Endowment for the Arts. Below are just a few of the ways you can participate with us NAHM in October. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more opportunities to incorporate arts into your daily activities and to share your favorite moments. Tag us and use the hashtag #ROSWELLARTS
1. #ShowYourArt2020 - 31 Day Photo Challenge
Join us in a month long photo challenge created by Americans for the Arts to celebrate art in our communities. Help us share why Roswell is a destination for the arts!
2. Explore Public Art in Roswell
- Take an Art Walk through Roswell Mill
- Bike or jog between sculptures at Riverside Park
- OR Click here and use the RAF interactive art map to plan a fun fall outing exploring art in Roswell. Don’t forget to add stops to your favorite brewery or restaurant along the way to make the trip complete!
- However you choose to explore the public art throughout our city, download the FREE Otocast app to hear the artists tell you their stories along the way
3. Advocate for the Arts
- Take the pledge to Make Your Vote Count! Click here to sign TODAY and learn how you can advocate for the creative industry to local, regional and national leaders!
- Did you know that (approximately) In Fulton County, 4,675 Arts-Related Businesses employ 45,219 people? Or that the arts and culture sector contributes $24.4 billion to Georgia’s economy?. CLICK HERE to learn more about why the Arts matter in Georgia
- Share 10 Reasons to Support the Arts in 2020 with friends, family and neighbors!
Roswell Arts Fund and From the Earth Brewing Company are reimagining how to create safe and fun community events for artists and audiences. By incorporating physical distancing, requiring face masks and transforming parking lots into outdoor performance areas we are able to continue the Pop Up Performance series and produce concerts featuring world-class performances.
5. Get Involved with Roswell Arts Fund
- Make a personal donation
- Shop our Amazon Wishlist
- Join us as a sponsor or local partner organization
- Apply to join the volunteer board